Our fluffing systems are designed to help you, as a material handling and sorting operation, to receive paper and paper product materials. In addition to being used as a fluffing system, our single and double fluffers can also be used as a perforator on recyclable plastic containers — allowing for you to get the most out of our material handling systems.
In addition to being compatible for multiple different recyclable wastes, our fluffing systems are customizable and can be integrated to fit your unique material handling system needs. To learn more as to what we can do to help customize your fluffing system, please do not hesitate to reach out and contact our team.
Our Single & Double Fluffer System Specs:
- Both of our fluffer systems are fabricated from structural steel shapes and heavy steel reinforcement plates. Both upper and lower frames come standard with 4-ship/car channels, with additional steel corner reinforcement plates.
- To both extend the life of our fluffers and to ensure structural integrity, our fluffers are equipped with ¼’ thick steel plates, with areas adjacent to the blade areas being equipped with a 12’ impact area reinforcement of ½’ thick steel plating.
- On both our single and double fluffing units the main door assembly is constructed using ½’ structured steel with ½’ thick angle frames on the door panels to enhance support.
- Additionally, a 2-15/16” hinge pin is included, encased in five ¾” mechanical wall tubing with three bronze bushings.
- Lastly, all of our single and double fluffer units are built and equipped with 1-½” thick plate steel blades
*Note: All of our fluffer systems, both single and double, can be custom fitted to meet the specifications needed by the size of your bailer.
For hydraulic actuated doors only:
- Door and lock movements are controlled with hydraulic cylinders and a self-contained hydraulic powerpack rated at a maximum of 3000 PSI.
- All drive components are tested, assembles, guarded, and shipped as integral parts of the fluffer unit. If a drive component is not, it will be specified.
Let’s Get Started On Your Custom Fluffer System
Whether you are in need of a custom single fluffer system or double fluffer system, Karl Schmidt Mfg Inc. is here to ensure that you receive the most compatible and efficient system possible. For more information on our material handling systems, conveyor systems, material sorting systems, and fluffing systems, we urge you to contact us, and to inquire about what we can do to help optimize your current system.