1) (C&D) Construction and Demolition Recycling. Construction & Demolition(C&D) debris are generated during construction, remodeling, building repair, cleanup, or demolition. C&D contains many different types of material. Most of which are recyclable. This application would most likely use a steel belt.
2) (MSW) Municipal Solid Waste commonly known as trash or garbage or a waste type consisting of everyday items that are discarded. This application would most likely use a rubber belt.
3) (SS) Single Stream (Also known as “fully comingled” or “single-sort”) we refer to a system in which all paper fibers, plastic, metals and other containers mixed in a trash truck and then sorted by people into separate commodities. This application could use either a steel belt or rubber.
4) (Non- Ferrous) Nonferrous scrap. Nonferrous metals, including aluminum, copper, lead and tin. Nonferrous scrap can be recycled a number of times. This application will have to be a steel belt.
5) (Glass) self-explanatory this application would take a rubber belt.
6) (S/T Cans) this application will take both rubber and steel belts.
7) (Plastic) Self-explanatory this application will take a rubber belt.
8) (OCC) Old Corrugated Cardboard. This application will use a rubber belt.
9) (Mix Paper) different types of paper for instance, phone books, magazines, junk mail, office paper, or any type paper that does not fall into the OCC category. This application will be a rubber belt.
There are more definitions for recycling but these are the most common that we use to determine the kind of conveyor we would quote. Please notice that the belts will change per application. On the chain there are 15 different sizes of chain and steel belt below is a brief description of them.
1) (RC6-3) this is a Roller Chain 3” wheels with a 6”Pitch.
2) (RC9-3) Roller Chain with 3” wheels with a 9” pitch.
3) (RC9-4) Roller Chain with 4” wheels with a 9” pitch.
4) (RC9-5) Roller Chain with 5” Wheel with a 9” Pitch.
5) (HS6-3) this is a Roller Chain 3” wheel with a 6” pitch it has a Hinge Steel pan.
6) (HS9-3) Roller Chain 3” Wheel with a 9” Pitch it has a Hinge Steel Pan.
7) (HS9-4) Roller Chain 4” Wheel with a 9” Pitch it has a Hinge Steel Pan.
8) (SA6-3) Roller Chain 3” Wheel with a 6” Pitch it has a Steel Apron Pan.
9) (SA9-3) Roller Chain 3” Wheel with a 9” Pitch it has a Steel Apron Pan.
10) (SA9-4) Roller Chain 4” Wheel with a 9” Pitch it has a Steel Apron Pan.
11) (SA9-5) Roller Chain 5” Wheel with a 9” Pitch it has a Steel Apron Pan.
12) (DC-082) this is a Drag Chain for a rubber belt we use this on the Low Pro Conveyors.
13) (DC131) this is a drag chain for a rubber belt.
14) (DC111) this is a drag chain for a rubber belt.
15) (DC150) this is a drag chain for a rubber belt.
The length of the conveyor and the application will determine the size of chain we are to use on the conveyor our quote template has a fault on it and will say the chain will break and we will have to go to the next size to make it work.